Hi, Shelagh here. Last month I was lucky enough to win the IndigoBlu challenge and following this, I was invited to create a project for this month's challenge entitled 'Spring Greens,' so here we have it. I must admit I did find it a challenge and took some time to work out the direction I was to follow as I felt few of my IndigoBlu stamps fitted in with subject.
Many thanks for visiting my blog and if you should have any queries, please ask and I will attempt to help.
· IndigoBlu Stamps:- Nature 1, Stylised Flowers
· Inkpads:- Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark; Distress Inks – Pine Needles, Black Soot
· Embossing Powder:- Wow Twinkling Green and Twinkling White; Clear Detail
· Spectrum Noir Aquatints – Greens (from all sets)
· Acetate:- Heatable
· Pebeo:- Mixtion Relief Outliner, Mirror Gilding Sheets Green and Silver
· Sakura:- White Pen
This project was quick to realise, once thoughts and materials were gathered (omitting drying time.)
· Deep photo frame
· Pebeo Fantasy Prisme Pale Green
· Mod Podge Sparkle
1. I painted the canvas with water then dropped on the greens in areas allowing the variety of shades to fuse and keeping the blue-greens towards the top.
2. Once dry, I stamped the ‘Stylised Flowers’ four times (‘off the page’) using Versamark Black and embossed with clear detail embossing powder. The butterfly was stamped three times using Versamark and heat-embossed using ‘Twinkling Green.’ The clouds were stamped twice, again with Versamark then heat-embossed using ‘Twinkling White.’
3. At this point I blended Ranger Distress ‘Pine Needles’ and ‘Black Soot’ around the edges.
4. The flower stems were out-lined on one side with a white pen; the seed-heads were outlined with the Mixtion and once dry but still tacky, silver leaf was applied. The same was applied to the centre of stems but once dry, green leaf was applied.
NB The silver leaf looks white on the photo – oh! the joys of photography!
5. I stamped the butterfly three times onto heat-proof acetate, embossed with the green powder as before and cut the images out. I folded the wings back and attached them over the image on canvas with Cosmic Shimmer glue.
To finish the project, I painted the frame with pale green ‘Fantasy Prisme,’ the second coat stippling the paint to create the illusion of texture. Once dry, I applied Mod Podge ‘Sparkle’ to add more interest. I removed the two peripheral acetate butterflies, placed the canvas inside the frame then glued butterflies over their stamped images but on the frame.
I hope you find the above useful and feel encouraged to ‘have a go.’