Monday 26 October 2015

Groovi Stamping!


First Attempt!

Hello and greetings from a blustery Aberdeen but at least there is no rain - YET!

Last month, I spent hours making my mum's special Christmas cards - far longer than usual - but as they were all made with the Groovi system, it was never a chore. I then got to thinking of traditional parchment work and armed with an online book, decided to trace a design and what better than the Clarity 'Columbine' stamp, the same one I used in September's 'Shaped Card' blog. 

I traced the stamped image with a white Faber-Castell Polychromo pencil and then set to work with different sizes of embossing tools before playing around with the different Groovi plates and borders as you can see above. 

I also have two family anniversaries pending at either ends of the spectrum in a few days time, one - a 1st Anniversary and the second - a 57th so I used the above design again but this time - another first - I coloured the reverse with my Polychromos. Wasn't too sure at the start, though!

This red one was made on two different pieces of parchment and I used tiny glue dots to fix the square onto the frame.



This one was made on one piece as second time around, I'd worked out how to to incorporate the square into the frame. Will remember that for the future and save a sheet of parchment! I haven't decided which card will go where but need to make my mind up by tomorrow as they need to  be posted by then!

Hope you like them! 

Many thanks for looking at my blog.

See you soon.

Shelagh.

No comments:

Post a Comment