A Star is Born
(made with my great niece in mind)
I've created this card with my great niece in mind as she is soon to celebrate her third birthday. The sentiment has an acetate spring on the reverse to create some movement and I think she will enjoy playing with it.
- Polkadoodles Winnie Fruit Punch Downloads
- Pearlescent cardstock
- Worn Lipstick Distress Ink
- Embossing Folder
- Star Die Set (Sizzix)
- Small black self-adhesive gems
- Corner rounder
- Fine black pen
- Cut around dancer, topper, filmstrip, leaving a small margin/border. (I found this easier by outlining with an Ice Grey 1 or 2 alcohol marker.)
- Make an easel card with a front valley and mountain fold to act as a stopper.
- Die cut star and strip; emboss with folder. Round corners on main card and strip and glue strip to main card. Outline with fine black pen. Sweep over Worn Lipstick lightly.
- Add the dancer to embossed die cut star and adhere to front of card to suit. Place self-adhesive gems around to suit. Glue film reel to front.
- Add topper to a piece of pearlescent card and outline as in 5). Edge lightly with Worn Lipstick. Add filmstrip and stars and attach to easel part of card.
- Die cut sentiment and glue onto the die cut star, which is the remainder from the main figure. Lightly brush with Worn Lipstick.
Et voila - 'A Star is Born!'
I hope the instructions have been straightforward and helpful - once a teacher, always a teacher!
Hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes and happy crafting!