Clarity Challenge 47
The 'Hi' Life - Example 1
It's quite hard to believe I'm about to enter my third year as part of the Clarity Challenge Design Team. It seems a long time ago that on Hogmanay 2014, I was scrabbling around, trying to post on my blog whilst the whole concept was not something I was particularly 'au fait' with.
Time has evaporated even more rapidly as the year draws to a close and this month - always busy at the best of times - is certainly no exception, so for this month there will be no step by step photos only instructions. I had decided to make two variations on a theme but in the wee small hours of one morning between Christmas and New Year, I came up with an idea that begged to be realised, hence the third example.
To crown all, my blog was nearly complete about an hour ago when the system decide to negate any written work, so once more into the breach . . . .
As for the time constraint, you see, I'm in the throes of making decor for my mum's birthday on 4th, when she reaches the grand age of 90 and as I write, the birthday mementos and card are still incomplete! Much to do before Wednesday!
Looking forward to your brilliant art work over this next year.
Wishing one and all a happy, healthy and crafty 2017.
'The Making Lady'
The 'Hi' Life - Example 1
Materials for Examples 1 and 2:-
- Stamps:- Clarity Safari Animals, Alphabet Word Chains
- Stencil:- Clarity Giraffe Spots
- Cardstock:- White 7 ins x 7 ins; 1 x DL card blank; 1 x 6 ins x 6 ins card blank; bronze, gold pearlescent;
- Inkpads:- Distress Mustard Seed, Vintage Photo; Archival Sepia, Black
- Misc:- Micron Pen, Square Die, Faber Castell Polychromos, Black Alcohol Marker, Low-tack masking tape, Gel Press (mine is the original Gelli Plate and wil be referred to as such)
- Using low-tack tape, mask off a border around the DL card.
- Using a square die of comparable size to the giraffe stamp, cut an aperture in the card front. Using the square remnant as a guide, mask off a comparable area in the card interior. Set aside.
- Apply Mustard Seed over Gelli and brayer for an even coverage. Place Giraffe stencil over and blot with copy paper.
- Apply Walnut Stain over stencil and brayer as before. Carefully remove stencil.
- Place card blank over, protecting lower area and inside with large sticky notes and smooth to transfer ink.
- With Sepia, stamp giraffe image on inside of card and on a sticky note; cut this out and apply to stamped image. (N.B. If you have the Clarity mask to hand, then this is a time saver but I didn't thus made my own.)
- Colour with Polychromos to suit.
- Clean Gelli with water and kitchen roll and repeat 3 and 4 to obtain pattern on inside and lower square on DL card.
- Edge with Micron pen.
- Stamp 'Hi' to suit.
Et voila!! - the first example is complete!
- As above
- Apply Mustard Seed to Gelli and brayer over.
- Place giraffe stencil on Gelli and blot with a sheet of 7 ins x 7 ins card. Reserve for background.
- Aply Walnut Stain to Gelli; brayer then remove stencil.
- Stamp giraffe on lower left hand side on a new sheet of 7 x 7 card. Apply mask to image.
- Place this card over the inked Gelli and smooth to transfer print.
- Remove mask. Colour giraffe family with Polychromos.
- Outline the dark spots with a Micron pen.
- Trim and stamp 'Hi' to suit. Outline with black alcohol marker.
- Attach to reserved pale giraffe print.
- Layer onto bronze then gold pearlescent followed by 6 x 6 card blank.
And now the second example is finished.
- Stamps:- Clarity NDC Dog; Alphabet Word Chain
- Cardstock:- White, 8 ins x 8 ins card blank
- Inkpads:- Distress Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber; Archival Black
- Stencils:- Clarity Dotty Wave, Sam's Eggs, Double Bubble
- Misc:- Sticky Labels, Polychromos, Uniball White pen, blending foam spots
- Stamp Dog six times on labels; colour five in varying shades of grey and one in golden browns. Cut around outline and set aside.
- Attach Double Bubble stencil onto a sheet of 7 ins x 7 ins card and blend over Twisted Citron in one corner, shading into Peacock Feathers on the diagonally opposite corner.
- Offset the stencil slightly and blend lightly original colours before adding smidgen Squeezed Lemonade.
- Replace this stencil with Dotty Wave and blend over Squeezed Lemonade.
- Replace this stencil with Sam's Eggs and blend lightly over Fossilized Amber.
- Attach the dogs in pyramid form and add detail with toning Polychromos in the gaps.
- Stamp sentiment to suit - my whole idea came from the phrase 'Top Dog' hence its inclusion here.
And there we have it, my final example of 2016, although all three really are the first for 2017.
Please hop over to the Clarity website for all necessary information.
Meantime - very much in haste on Hogmanay - I've a pie to make now!!!
. . . and a 'guid' new year to "ane an' a'"
'The Making Lady'