Hello and welcome to my blog. To fulfill this month’s brief, I decided to create a simple card which not only incorporated the ‘floral’ part but made reference to ‘The Bard’ (it was Burns’ Night on 25th January) and would also be suitable for St Valentine’s Day. To this end, I used the Clarity ‘Chessboard’ stencil along with ‘Rose’ and ‘Leafy Swirl’ stamps.
Cover the stencil with Versamark Onyx Black and feed through an embossing machine. I was able to pull five prints from the single inking. Stamp the rose image onto super smooth copy paper with Archival Black and colour with Polychromos. Add double sided sticky sheet to the reverse of the image and cut out. Stamp the Leafy Swirl with Archival onto the chessboard, peel off the protective layer from the rose image and attach to suit. Outline areas with a glue pen and sprinkle over some extra fine glitter. (Mine was a holographic white from Tonic.) Add shadows with Polychromos. Using 'My' from Word Chain 1, 'Love' from Word Chain 6 and 'is' by blanking out relevant letters from 'Kisses' (Word Chain 15,) stamp ‘My Love is . . . in the plain area at the top of the chessboard using Archival Black. The dots were achieved by blanking out part of the exclamation mark from Alphabet Word Chains.
Et voila . . . . c'est fini!
Et voila . . . . c'est fini!
For my second example, I set about to replicate the first - but in parchment. However a few things conspired against me in so doing! 1) I'm a novice at parchment work; 2) In tidying up my craft room a tad, I misplaced the stencil . . . ; 3) . . . and the rose stamp!!! I set about approaching it in another manner.
Beneath an A4 sheet of white parchment, I secured a spare print detailed in instructions above (this was to obtain the right angle of the flower), embossed the large flower-head from Jayne Nestorenko's rose plate (Jayne - a tribute to from me to you,) added the stem from Groovi 'Leafy Swirl' plate, traced the checkered squares and embossed the lines using the Groovi Nested Squares plate. The black squares and rose were shaded with my trusty water colour pencils as above. I then added the sentiment using letters from the Groovi Border Plate Mate, coloured the reverse then added some glitter highlights to the front.
Then the nightmare - it is some time since I pierced and snipped a picot edge and this one turned out simply not good enough, in spite of changing scissors three times - but then as the saying goes, 'a bad workman . . . . ' - therefore I trimmed the lot off- excepting part of the stem - which meant I needed to use a corner punch - not something I use often - to secure the image onto a trimmed sheet of white parchment and mounted this on a trimmed but slightly larger sheet of black parchment before attaching to card.
Phew, got there in the end!
. . . .And here they are, side by side!
Stamps and Groovi plates are all available from the Clarity Stamps website.
Et voila! My Clarity Challenge DT examples for February!
Thank you for visiting shelaghscraftyconcepts.blogspot.co.uk
Hope to see you back again soon.
Cheerio for now and happy crafting.
'The Making Lady'