'Love is all you need'
Hi, great to have you visit my blog. Thank you!
The Indigoblu theme for February is 'Love is all you need' and it took me a bit of time to work out where I was going with this as any stamps I own and deemed appropriate had already been used in DT examples. On that note, here's my 'Love from me to you' explanation.
- Stamps:- Indigoblu 'Under the Sea' set
- Cardstock:- white;Hunkydory Ombre mat; 8x8 card blank (cut to fit;) scrap card.
- Inkpads:- Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot; Archival Black; Versafine Onyx Black; Staz-On Olive Green
- Miscellaneous:- Faber Castell Polychromos; Micron pen; Glossy Accents; white Pebeo marker; tissue paper; sticky notes; double-sided sticky sheet.
- Tap ink onto glass mat/craft sheet in order bottom to top Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and spritz with water spray.
- Lay white card-stock over and press to absorb water. Mop up any remaining ink/water solution around extremities of card. Dry with heat gun.
- Spritz water over dry card, allow to settle for 10-15 seconds then blot with kitchen roll. Allow to dry.
- Ink water weeds from set with Staz-On Olive and repeat stamp along base of card.
- Hand draw and cut three sizes of heart from folded sticky notes.
- Starting with middle size heart aperture, place in centre of blue background and stamp bubbles to fill aperture. Pencil in heart perimeter. Repeat with smallest and largest hearts to suit.
- Outline hearts with Micron pen.
- Stamp bubbles from weeds upwards, using first and second generation Versafine Onyx Black.
- Stamp a goldfish onto tissue paper; turn over tissue and stamp fish again. (N.B. To ensure two fish in opposite directions. Paint wrong (unstamped side) of fish with white Pebeo marker and allow to dry. Remove one protective layer and apply double-sided sticky sheet to each 'wrong' side of fish.
- Colour fish with Polychromos. Cut out and apply to suit.
- Blend Black Soot around perimeter of card. Mount onto a complementary mat, then onto card blank.
- Apply Glossy Accents to bubbles within hearts and allow to dry overnight.
Et voila! Here we have 'Love from Me to You,' my entry for this month's Indigoblu Challenge.
Thanks for your visit. Hope to see you back soon.