'Love is All You Need'
Hi and thanks very much for popping in. A bit of a departure for me from my usual work but oh! I so enjoyed all the colour blending and spritzing. Must do more of this random work as it is exactly that - RANDOM! I must look out for a frame and mount as I do think she deserves it!
Here's the 'how-to.'
- Stamps:- Indigoblu 'Juliet'
- Cardstock:- white A5 water-colour paper; pink mat; 8x8 card blank cut to size
- Inkpads:- Distress Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot, Picket Fence; Archival Black;
- Miscellaneous:- white pen, white pencil, grey Polychromo, silver pen, Color Burst Liquid Metallic Rose; tiny self adhesive gems; sticky notes
- Spritz water-colour paper with water.
- Lay damp paper landscape-fashion on craft mat and swipe inkpads in order - Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick, Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick in bands across from bottom to top. Spritz again with water until the colours all merge.
- Draw a line of Metallic Rose along foot of wet card and immediately up-turn card, allowing all the wet ink to drip down. (At this point, there were scrunched sheets of kitchen roll on my craft mat, ready to mop up the residue.)
- Dry with a heat gun - this has a dual purpose as the heat evens out the paper as well as drying it.)
- Using Archival Black, stamp 'Juliet' in the centre of the coloured card. Allow to dry.
- Highlight floral areas on Juliet with white pen.
- Cut a heart from centre of a sticky note. Place heart aperture on card and blend over Fired Brick; offset aperture and blend over Black Soot.
- Repeat twice.
- Randomly place aperture around top and bottom of card and blend over firstly Worn Lipstick followed by Picket Fence.
- Add shadows and highlights with grey and white pens and pencils. Add # to the lighter hearts with silver pen.
- Blend Black Soot around edge.
- Add tiny self adhesive gems to suit.
Et voila! Here we have 'Sending All My Love to You.'
Thanks very much for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again son.
Best wishes and happy crafting.