Tuesday 1 August 2017

Clarity Challenge August 2017 'Garden Party'

Clarity Challenge
August 2017
'Dames Portant des Chapeaux'



Hello - blog time again and boy! did I enjoy designing and making this card. 

The main hat is so reminiscent of one my mum wore in the 70s' and the same I borrowed for a photo shoot for a national newspaper; enough said - Mum did not wear this beautiful, deep, rich, jade green titfer again as she deemed that the villagers would reckon it was mine! I had hoped to find it, salted away in a suitcase, whilst clearing my late mum's house but sadly it was not to be. I will just have to search for the photo. 

So - this card is very much a tribute to my mum as she was one of those ladies, depicted in the card; Mum knew how to wear her many and various hats. She suited them. She even took to the catwalk to promote them.  And - I am lucky enough to carry on the tradition which may have begun with my mum's aunt Lyn (short for Lavinia) who was a milliner in those far gone days when hats were a 'must wear.' I love hats. I wear hats. I have many - summer, winter, rain, wedding, large, small, colourful and plain. I have collected hats and head gear from the many countries I have lived in and visited - my dining room walls tell the story although my Texan stetson is in a hat-box in the loft.

And my plan for my later years is to go on wearing them. I wish to embrace old age with a sense of eccentricity!




Materials:-
  • Cardstock:- card blank - one - 8ins x 8ins; Clarity Stencil Card; Clarity Papers remnants.
  • Clarity Stamps:- Hats 1,2; Alphabet Word Chain
  • Inks:- Archival Black
  • Miscellaneous:- Faber Castel Polychromos; black and coloured card mats.

Instructions:- 
  • Stamp the largest hat centrally towards the foot of the stencil card; mask and stamp other 'hatted faces' around, masking continuously. 
  • Stamp corresponding hats and attach to main images. Stamp others to fill in. 
  • Add colour to faces. 
  • Mat onto card then onto card blank. 
  • Using the Alphabet, stamp an appropriate sentiment, add a scribbled edging and mat. 
Et voila - 'Dames portant des chapeaux!'

Have fun!

Join the challenge!

Best wishes!

Shelagh
'The Making Lady'

PS The sentiment is optional. (Haven't glued it down yet!}

No comments:

Post a Comment